Monday, February 8, 2016

God Only Knows

"I may not always love you
But as long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without you"

Disclaimer: In all honesty, before I just Googled those lyrics, I thought this song was originally recorded by The Beatles.

Jon Hamm, please forgive me I love you k bye.
I know. I KNOW I'M AN IDIOT.

Ok.

Moving on.

Despite the fact that I couldn't have named the original artist, I heard this song this morning and was inspired.

The funny thing about life is that things don't ever go as planned. Oh wait, is this just me? For those of you with perfect lives, skip this paragraph. Actually, this probably isn't the right blog for you so I don't know what you're doing. I think we should end this relationship it's me not you. Sometimes things just suck for a little but then time passes and you come to your senses and realize there is always something to be grateful for.

I am surrounded by some of the best people in the world. I could leave it there but I obviously need to elaborate with a slew of witty, heartfelt commentary and corresponding gifs to illustrate my point. And Valentine's Day aka doomsday is rapidly approaching so it might even get a little mushy.

I'm honestly overwhelmed as to where to start so let me begin with a few golden screenshots of true life text conversations I have on a daily basis with the inner circle that deserve attention.

The people I'm closest with in this world are always there to support my life decisions. For example, going vegan is brought to the table and the following responses ensue.

Honesty is the best policy.
Friends unite against you.




And in the vein of unconditional support...





Of course, friends deserve the same love and support in return. It's important that these messages really convey the true weight of your feelings so they need to be heartfelt and personalized.







You know how every friend group has a secret language/code that only they can understand or decipher. Well, sometimes things get lost in translation even between the best of friends.



In any relationships there are ups and downs. It's not about being perfect, it's about working through the imperfections. Sometimes it just comes down to a sensible compromise.



And then of course there are those moments where words fail so we turn to the gif. The following are gifs I have received or sent to further illustrate a point.
In regards to something work-related.
Below is a gif that was sent by me in response to a friend saying, 
"They have till tomorrow. Then I attack." 
For those of you who follow the blog, this was in regards to the sriracha conundrum.

And then, there are all the Asian babies who I found adorable and hilarious. Also, any and all of these can be used to describe my mood at any moment in time.


Of course, there are countless stories that won't make it into the blog. Like the time that I reluctantly went to see the Minions movie with a friend IN THEATRES only to watch her sleep through it. Or the time where I was having the worst day of 2016 and a dear friend hauled ass all the way to Soho to spend the afternoon with me. Or the times where I wake up in the middle of the night because I have 52 unread notifications from a group thread. What about the countless pints of ice cream and bottles of wine that we lost along the way? What about all the morning after conversations hashed out via text when the other person is in the room right next to you? What about all the Grey's Anatomy/Gossip Girl/Sex and the City marathons sponsored by Netflix/Hulu/that random friend's HBOGo account? I could go on forever but your life is way more exciting than mine so I'll wrap this up and let you get back to it. 

I hope there was a genuine laugh somewhere along the way because here comes the mushy part.

We all have bad days. But I have the best friends. And that makes all the difference in the world.

I wouldn't trade any of them for the world and I will take all the bad days life can throw at me as long as they are by my side.

So, to all my dear friends and family, I love you more than words or gifs can say. 

I should make a point of saying it more often rather than waiting for the world's worst holiday to come around and inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment